This Blog, established since Dec 2001, is a place dedicated to the talented and beautiful Hollywood actress Naomi Watts. All images and videos published here are owned by their respective owners or photographers. No copyright infringement whatsoever is intended or implied. The owner of this Blog is not associated with the actress or anyone around her. This Blog is non-profit making and is operated purely for personal interest. We welcome all discreet and well-intentional comments and feedback. (Note: this site is best viewed with Firefox)

Jun 6, 2011

[© NW2005 First Look] Naomi, Jackman & Fisher attend the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic at Governors Island

HUGH Jackman looked like the cat who got the cream as he posed with stunning mums and fellow Aussie actors Isla Fisher and Naomi Watts at a charity polo match.


*More of our unique "tagless" photos can be seen on our [nw2005] forum by following this link:
[POLO]


The summery looking trio turned out in New York for the Verve Clicquot Polo Classic, which was raising money for victims of the Haiti 2010 earthquake.

Wolverine star Jackman, who had wife Deborra-Lee Furness on his arm, looked dapper as ever and brought plenty of laughs as the event's master of ceremonies.

And old friends Fisher and Watts relished the chance to catch up without their families in tow, sipping drinks in the sunshine and enjoying gourmet snacks while watching the chukkars.

The best events start when Hugh Jackman sings.

By Andrew H. Walker, USA today


Naomi Watts, master of ceremonies Hugh Jackman and Isla Fisher attend the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic at Governors Island.

"Take me out to the polo game," trilled the Wolverine star on Sunday afternoon at the star-studded fourth annual Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic. Microphone in hand, the Australian master of ceremonies even took a moment to ham it up.

"If Donald Trump shows up, I've got my birth certificate," Jackman joked.

The event, featuring a polo match on Governors Island in New York City benefiting Hope Help & Rebuild Haiti, put a spotlight on hunky Argentine polo player Nacho Figueras and supportive celebs including Isla Fisher, Naomi Watts, Julianna Margulies, Wyclef Jean, Nicky Hilton, Donna Karan and Marc Jacobs.

Jackman, who mastered riding horses on the set of Australia, was in high spirits before the match. "I love watching (polo)," he said. "I think it's one of the most exciting live sports around. But it's probably the third time in my life I've seen it."

Jackman said he's yet to see this weekend's box office winner, X-Men: First Class, but he said, "I hear the movie's great,"

And despite the (now infamous) Oprah incident when Jackman crashed into lighting equipment zip-lining from the top of the Sydney Opera House, the actor said he's now in top shape. "I'm all good," he said with a laugh. "The stitches have healed."

He wasn't the only equestrian in the house.



"I grew up riding horses," said Margulies, who arrived with her husband, Keith Lieberthal. On hiatus from The Good Wife, she's spending her summer break "hanging out" and checking out new plays on Broadway like TheBook of Mormon and Chris Rock's Mother(expletive) with the Hat.

With more bad-politician behavior in the news than ever, Margulies has some thoughts about where she'd like TheGood Wife's Alicia to go when she gets back to work.

"Personally I'd like to see her sort of not forgive so quickly, and I'd like to see her maybe go to therapy and discuss this with someone who's not in her core group," said Margulies. "I think she needs to find out who she is now without all of this."

My Life on the D List star Griffin joked that she had finally made it to "C minus" status at the event. "I don't know anything about polo. This is my first time," she shared.

"But I think I'm finally home. It's hot guys on horses." Although D List is no longer on the air, she's signed on for four specials with Bravo this year.

"I'm going to London and doing some shows on Friday with Joan Rivers," Griffin said. "How fun is that? We're like real pals, not fake Hollywood pals."

Meanwhile, The City star Whitney Port said she's done with TV — and living in New York — for now.

"I moved back to L.A. about a year ago," said the fashionista, who now flies between coasts as she works on her spring line. "I'm doing custom prints, so I'm really excited for spring."

Despite the flowing Veuve Clicquot Champagne, three-course meal and plumed hats, the polo game proved to be kid-friendly. Jackman's wife Deborra-Lee Furness brought their brood to the field to watch Figueras take a leading swing.

Nearby, Watts and Fisher convened for some mommy-talk (but both left their tots at home).

"I've just flown in literally from the Hamptons," said Watts. "That's why I didn't bring the kids. I think they're having fun on the beach and in the pool."

List of attendees: Deborra-Lee Furness, Julianna Margulies, Naomi Watts, Donna Karan, Wyclef Jean, Hugh Jackman, Isla Fisher and Paul Haggis.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very refreshing. She and Isla are very good friends.

Emma C said...

Thank you for Naomi!

Tina said...

Both are my favorite. This is a unique occasion where I can have the cake and eat it too. Yay!