This Blog, established since Dec 2001, is a place dedicated to the talented and beautiful Hollywood actress Naomi Watts. All images and videos published here are owned by their respective owners or photographers. No copyright infringement whatsoever is intended or implied. The owner of this Blog is not associated with the actress or anyone around her. This Blog is non-profit making and is operated purely for personal interest. We welcome all discreet and well-intentional comments and feedback. (Note: this site is best viewed with Firefox)

May 25, 2012

Naomi's My London Q&A

The British-born actress buys toys in Notting Hill, goes vintage in Holland Park and prepares to play Princess Diana

25 May 2012


Home is…
New York City.

Where do you stay in London?
The Covent Garden Hotel. I love the location, the cosy bedrooms, the honesty bar and the high tea.

What was the last play you saw?
Jerusalem at the Apollo Theatre. The writing and performances were outstanding.

What advice would you give a tourist?
Enjoy a curry on Brick Lane, and bring your wellies and a fat wallet.

What’s the first thing you do when you arrive?
Catch up with friends and family, run through the beautiful parks and enjoy the homemade tea on the top floor of Dover Street Market.

What’s the best meal you’ve had?
My mum’s cooking; she does the best bouillabaisse and Thai curry.

What’s your earliest London memory?
Visiting the psychedelic boutique Granny Takes a Trip on King’s Road, where my mum worked. I bought a pair of dungarees and some Kickers boots.

If you could live in any building in London which would it be?
Right now I wouldn’t mind spending some time in Kensington Palace.

What would you do as Mayor for the day?
I would offer free cabs and free parking.

How would you like the opening line of your obituary to read?
I’m superstitious, I can’t answer that.

Which animal would you like to be?
An elephant so I’d have a better memory, or a giraffe so I could be taller.

What are your biggest extravagances?
Expensive sheets and shoes.

What was the last album you downloaded?
Making Mirrors by Gotye. I’ve been listening to it on the way to the Hamptons with my family.

What’s the best piece of advice you’ve been given?
Nicole Kidman told me to keep at it, all it takes is one thing.

Do you ever have a recurring dream?
Being naked on stage and forgetting my lines.

What are you up to at the moment?
I’m in London launching Jacob’s Creek’s new Cool Harvest range, while my husband Liev [Schreiber] is shooting a movie here, and prepping for my role as Princess Diana in Caught in Flight, a film about her secret affair with the heart surgeon Dr Hasnat Kahn.

What are your favourite discoveries?
Sarah Chapman’s Skinesis clinic in South Kensington for a facial, Borough Market for food, White Cube Gallery in Bermondsey, and Coffee Plant on Portobello Road.

Which is your favourite street for shopping?
Portobello Road for the market and vintage clothing.

Who’s your hero?
President Obama.

What do you most like wearing?
J Brand jeans and Fiorentini + Baker boots with my Rick Owens biker jacket.

Tell me something I don’t know about London...
You can refurbish your whole house from Argos.

Where did you last go on holiday?
I went to Bronte Beach in Sydney with my family, where I spent so much of my time growing up. Before that I stayed at the Oberoi Hotel in Jaipur with my family. It’s the most beautiful place I’ve ever stayed.

Which shops do you rely on?
I go to Virginia’s in Holland Park for great vintage clothes, and Stella McCartney’s shop on Bruton Street, because I love her designs. Whenever I need to shop for food I go to the nearest Waitrose, and for the best toys in town I like Honeyjam in Notting Hill.

Naomi Watts is the face of Jacob’s Creek’s new wine Cool Harvest







3 comments:

robo said...

Her hero is Obama, yay!

HenryC said...

I have been to Brick Lane, excellent food there.

dollydoll said...

She's so sweet in this picture.