This Blog, established since Dec 2001, is a place dedicated to the talented and beautiful Hollywood actress Naomi Watts. All images and videos published here are owned by their respective owners or photographers. No copyright infringement whatsoever is intended or implied. The owner of this Blog is not associated with the actress or anyone around her. This Blog is non-profit making and is operated purely for personal interest. We welcome all discreet and well-intentional comments and feedback. (Note: this site is best viewed with Firefox)

May 19, 2011

[©NW2005 First Look] Woody Allen Explains His Casting Process In W magazine (June 2011 issue)

As the years go by Woody Allen's muses remain young and beautiful, and they are featured in a gorgeous spread in the new W. The director told the magazine how he quietly selects his leading ladies.

“Casting is so awkward," he said. "I’m too shy to meet them. I have the women come in and I don’t let them sit down. I make up some questions, but I couldn’t care less about chatting. I only see them to make sure that they haven’t gained 200 pounds or had five face jobs. I want to see that the woman I saw on the DVD is still intact.”

Allen's latest movie, a romantic comedy called "Midnight in Paris," opened in Cannes and stars Rachel McAdams.

The Director told W: “......I have great adoration and lust and interest in all of the women in my films. It would thrill me to go out with all of them.”

Here are a couple of Allen's favorite muses, ....including.... Naomi Watts....


Naomi Watts

“I wanted to work with Naomi Watts for a long time,” the director said of his leading lady in You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger (Cannes 2010). “She was very funny and very sexy.”

By Lynn Hirschberg
Photographs by Sebastian Kim
Styled by Carolyn Tate Angel
Nicole Miller Collection’s viscose dress.

June 2011

3 comments:

Tom said...

Sexy, sexy.....

Anonymous said...

Love her hair. Such a classical blonde.

Emma C said...

Thank you for Naomi.