This Blog, established since Dec 2001, is a place dedicated to the talented and beautiful Hollywood actress Naomi Watts. All images and videos published here are owned by their respective owners or photographers. No copyright infringement whatsoever is intended or implied. The owner of this Blog is not associated with the actress or anyone around her. This Blog is non-profit making and is operated purely for personal interest. We welcome all discreet and well-intentional comments and feedback. (Note: this site is best viewed with Firefox)

Sep 24, 2011

More on "More" - Oct 2011 issue

Apart from opening up on her relationship with Heath Ledger, Naomi always talked about Liev Schreiber and Nicole Kidman, amongst other topics, and here, again our first-hand coverage on the interview. Please read this with our earlier post on Sep 22, 2011.


image hosted by ImageVenue.com
* [more photos]


[Interview]

The cover girl, 42, also reveals how she and Liev Schreiber, her partner for six years and the father of her two boys, first hooked up, at the annual Met costume ball: "I was wearing Calvin Klein, a very flirty, feminine dress." The chemistry palpable, the pair swapped numbers before she returned to L.A. "We spoke on the phone for several weeks and emailed, and then I made up some excuse to come to New York, and the rest is history."

And Watts has generous words for longtime pal Nicole Kidman: "We've seen each other go through a lot, and we've both consistently been there for each other. She's been a great friend and an inspiration," someone who encouraged her fellow Aussie to be persistent.

In the issue Naomi talks working in Hollywood:

“I’d like to do something lighter. It’s not that I have an aversion to comedy. But I don’t think I’m the first choice. I think people have seen me suffer too much onscreen.”

She also talks the late Heath Ledger, they dated for nearly two years:

“We had a beautiful relationship only a couple of years but he was a man who was completely full of joy, and there was a lot of laughing and affection. He was really a very special soul and made a great impact on my life. And a great actor, but I know there was so much more to come. And it’s such a tragedy for his little daughter.”

She also talks being a mom:

“I always wanted children. I thought that I would have them young, like my mother. I never thought I would have them as late as I did. I had a lot I wanted to do when I was younger, and perhaps I wouldn’t have been as focused. I got a lot out of the way in terms of my own dreams.”

Naomi has 2 films releasing this year: Dream House (September 30) and J. Edgar (November 11).

Naomi Watts Talks Motherhood And Also Wooing Liev Schreiber.

On how her father’s death has changed her as a mother:

“I want them to feel connected to me and me to them. Always. I want them, above all, to feel sure of who they are. That they are safe in the world. And confident and happy people. And of course, connected. To their parents, their friends, their family, the world and themselves. This is the most important goal/dream in my life. Everything else is gravy.”

On how she wooed Liev Schreiber at the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s annual costume ball:

“I was wearing Calvin Klein, a very flirty, feminine dress,” she says. Sparks flew and, free from earlier entanglements, the two exchanged numbers before she went back to Los Angeles. “We spoke on the phone for several weeks and emailed,” says Watts, “and then I made up some excuse to come to New York and the rest is history.”

On why she is glad she waited on motherhood:

“I think I’m a better parent. I had a lot I wanted to do when I was younger, and perhaps I wouldn’t have been as focused; I got a lot out of the way in terms of my own dreams.”

On truly being content:

“I have everything I need. I just want to keep healthy and happy. and world peace.”

3 comments:

NWfan said...

I'm totally sold. Save me please.

Anonymous said...

very sexy.

Amy said...

Definitely a good interview, it's indeed very sad that Heath Ledger passed away so early.