This Blog, established since Dec 2001, is a place dedicated to the talented and beautiful Hollywood actress Naomi Watts. All images and videos published here are owned by their respective owners or photographers. No copyright infringement whatsoever is intended or implied. The owner of this Blog is not associated with the actress or anyone around her. This Blog is non-profit making and is operated purely for personal interest. We welcome all discreet and well-intentional comments and feedback. (Note: this site is best viewed with Firefox)

Dec 7, 2012

RGVmag & Easy Living - Jan 2013


Following Angeleno, Manhattan, Riviera Dec 2012, Naomi is also featured on the jan 2013 issue respectively of the RGV and the Easy Living magazines, and we have the HQ scans of the relative images and article on both for our fans' viewing pleasure. All images are water-marking-free. Please do not tag when reposted.

[Easy Living HQ scans]


[RGV article]

Watt’s Up! Naomi Continues To Light Up The Screen!


Naomi Watts is still very much the quintessential blonde most of us first met via the stylish noir-thriller, Mulholland Drive. Don’t let her classic ice-queen beauty fool you for underneath that flawless exterior, beats the heart of an every-woman. At the autumnal age of forty-three, she remains resolutely undiminished and stellar. English-born, Australia-raised, New York-resident, Watts appears to be keeping it very real, leading an enviably down-to-earth – albeit hectic – life.

One of the things that makes Watts so non-diva-ish is that, by her own admission, she was a professional ‘late bloomer’ who was a grown-up before she became a star. “By the time I got my career going in America, I was thirty,” says Watts. “I had a sense of myself.”

Do you look back at your twenties and think you were… She breaks-in: ‘Floating?’ Maybe. Or naïve? ‘Yes, definitely – naïve, floating, dreaming, I certainly didn’t know who I was, or what I wanted, and maybe that makes me a late bloomer. But I feel, the longer the life, the deeper it gets – and the roles reflect that.’

Family is important to Watts and, having created her own, keeping it together is a priority. However, she and Liev Schreiber are happily unmarried. Is it a question of, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it? “Yes, it’s exactly that,’ says Watts. “We feel like we’re married because we’re deep in the trenches, with kids, and we’re committed. We just don’t have the piece of paper, and we didn’t have that celebration. But that doesn’t mean it won’t ever happen.”

So where is ‘home’ for the Watts-Schreibers? “Well that’s the million-dollar question,” she laughs. “We take our home wherever we go, that’s the nomadic life of an actor – times two in our case. Our base is New York because the kids are in pre-school there, but does it feel like home? Not really. New York is so not like anything I grew up with. To make it feel like home I bought a house out at the beach, to remind me of Australia. Right now, we’re in LA because we film here. But I don’t feel like LA is home and I certainly don’t live the LA lifestyle.”



Given her high-octane schedule and her testosterone filled home, it’s no surprise that, when asked if she’s high-maintenance, she releases an uproarious laugh. “No,” she shrieks. “I mean, I’m high-maintenance if I’m going to an event but, every day, in my own life, I can’t bear putting on make-up or blow-drying my hair. I don’t have the time, or the interest. If you look in my handbag, there’s not much in it apart from sunscreen. I’m definitely a five-minute girl.”

Watts is an inspired choice to be the face of Astalift – the Japanese premium skincare brand. “I can say with integrity that it’s something I really believe in. I’ve been using Astalift’s Jelly Aquarysta for three months and my skin feels better than ever. I want to give it to all my friends. Everything’s changed,” says Watts. “It doesn’t end at 40, like we were told, so we need to stay looking good.”

Her next movie, The Impossible, with Ewan McGregor, is about the 2004 tsunami. “It’s a story we all know but, in this case, it’s about family,” she explains. “I always end up choosing things about the need to stay connected to one another.”



However the rumor that had RGV mag listening with bated breath, is that Watts has been cast for the role of a lifetime. It’s no surprise since she can easily pass as a dopplegänger for one of the most iconic women of the twentieth century, Princess Diana. Naomi will be starring in an upcoming film about the final two years of the Queen of Heart’s life. Those are some huge kitten-heeled shoes to fill. “Yeah. My fear almost made me decline the offer,” she pauses, measuring her words. “The prospect of playing Diana is terrifying. Although I think it’s a problem if you’re not terrified.”

For now Naomi Watts will remain living the nomadic yet low maintenance lifestyle she has created, making a home wherever her family’s heart is. I’m willing to bet it’s precisely the kind of life another rare creature and mother of two – Princess Diana – would have preferred.


3 comments:

mary said...

Mostly old photos. Still nice. The articles are new though.

abc said...

Thanks a lot for posting.

karen said...

Is it intentional that she stayed away from the more popular and mainstream publications?