Further to my Jun 4, 2010 entry re the UK Marie Claire's featuring Naomi in the July issue of their magazine, I'm now attaching below excerpts from the interview together with a good shot of the cover, first & exclusive for our members. The magazine should be out on the newsstand now so everyone residing in the UK can get hold of a copy easily. It's no big deal but here're all the previews, from us the daily-updating [nw2005] group.
*View [other images] in 620x840 plus pxls.
[excerpts from the interview]
Naomi Watts Reveals All About Family, Fame, and Why Marriage Isn't Important To Her
....she chats openly about her childhood and her life now......(also) her father's death when she was seven,....her ex Heath Ledger, and the happiness she's found with her fiance Liev Schreiber.
* On if it was deliberate to have kids later in life: "God, no! First of all, I didn’t ever think I would be having kids this late. Then two kids under the age of two in diapers – it’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done, but the most rewarding.... As I said, I started every-thing late. My career started late, so by the time I was ready to have children, I felt like I had enough of a body of work under my belt. I was ready to say, ‘OK, let’s slow this down a little bit.’"
* On her first taste of fame: "Everyone said it was an overnight success, but it was ten years leading up to that. You want to think, in retrospect, that you had really thick skin, but ... I was so sensitive. I was hearing bits of feedback and... trying to dilute myself into what I thought they wanted... No wonder nobody hired me. It took someone like David Lynch to see beyond that.... I’m very shy. I’m terrible at parties. I went to a club the other night and felt so awkward and ungroovy. Everyone else looks so cool. It’s just how I’ve always been."
* On if she dealt properly with her Father's death: "No, no. I mean, obviously I was comforted. But my mum was young. When I did 21 Grams, I researched this a lot... There are so many ways to deal with it, and in retrospect... I didn’t deal with my grief at the time... The last time I saw him, I had done something I wasn’t supposed to, and he got cross.... I wished bad things for him that day. Of course [I carry guilt]. I was very young – don’t forget, he died when I was seven – but my parents divorced when I was four, so there weren’t tons of memories."
* Has she seen The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus, Heath’s last film? "No. In time. I’ve always loved Terry Gilliam’s films. And Heath was an unbelievably brilliant talent, I’m sure he’s wonderful to watch. But, yeah, it’s kind of… confronting."
* On when she knew Liev was the one: "I don’t know, because we met here and there before the night we knew something was going to happen. It was never the right time, or we were with other people. But it was spoken about. We’ve got a couple who are our good friends, and they tried to set us up for years. When we finally saw each other at the Met Ball five years ago, we were both single, and we were both very aware of each other in the room. It was kind of an intense chemistry. Definitely. I don’t know about love at first sight, but there was a strong desire for one another."
* On if she's engaged: "Yeah, I took my ring off for the pictures, but… Um… We’re together. We’ll see [about getting married]. It’s never been that important to me. If it was important to our children, I would do it in a heartbeat. We’ll see."
This Blog, established since Dec 2001, is a place dedicated to the talented and beautiful Hollywood actress Naomi Watts. All images and videos published here are owned by their respective owners or photographers. No copyright infringement whatsoever is intended or implied. The owner of this Blog is not associated with the actress or anyone around her. This Blog is non-profit making and is operated purely for personal interest. We welcome all discreet and well-intentional comments and feedback. (Note: this site is best viewed with Firefox)